The São Raimundo Esporte Clube was founded officially on November 18, 1918, shortly after the end of the boom in rubber Manaus.O name due to the neighborhood, which ultimately rests that name of the saint, who was born in 1204 Spain. The neighborhood was in Manaus for a long time, large estates of the Catholic Church in the nineteenth century, migrants from the Northeast until they came to reside there. St. Raymond is located 200 meters from the Old Center of Manaus, separate from the Bridge Fábio Lucena, which was only inaugurated in 1986.In 1915 Francisco Rebelo and Professor Assisi founded the Risópolis Recreation Club. Later, in May 1918, changed their name to Risofóles, just months after that, finally becoming a name to identify the proletarian neighborhood, hence the name of St. Raimundo.Alguns of the founders of St. Raymond are: Mr. Costa Belmiro Mr. Olympio Chapman, Mr. Charles Frederick, Sr. José Quincas, Mr. Vidal, Mr. Sena and Mr. Queiroz. The president of this new club was "struggling" Francisco Rebelo.The largest and most formidable rival of the "Typhoon" - as the club is known - is the South America the surrounding neighborhood of Gloria, who since 1932 First St. Raymond's headquarters was located in the same "Bridge Street", Street 5, September. Before that date, the meetings were in places aleatórios.O Saint Raymond, or "Kontera" or "Typhoon" or, "They're Rai" just arrived in the old First Division in 1955 FADA, competing in the following year along with " large "to a crowd of Manaus.Dono passionate, even when the St. Raymond failed to participate in Amazonian championships (1980 to 1983 and 1994 and 1995) never stopped cheering for their team and hope to return to their lawns. The St. Raymond, serving only five years in the Amazonian professionalism snatched the title from 1961. The other title would come five years later, in 1966, the first professional champion of Amazonas, in this league that had the newly created FAF (Federation of Football Amazonense. This championship only ended in 1967.For many years, the "Typhoon" was the owner of the fourth largest supporter of the state, behind Nacional, Rio Negro and National. With his back to the final stages in 1996, the club made their fans quintupled in numbers and we can say today that is on par with the National and the Rio Negro, and in the last four years, was always in the top positions in presence in the stadiums. Note that the neighborhood of St. Raymond has about 10,000 residents.After the 1966 state title, the club went through several economic downturns. So much so that in 80 years, the club almost sold their stadium and even nearly closes its portas.O St. Raymond from 1996 was "reborn" into the Amazon. Ivan Guimarães and Manecs - the first broadcaster - were pushing the idea for the presidency of the Typhoon to create an Autonomous Department within the club. Orlando Scott (then president of St. Raymond) plus other directors have embraced and believed in the idea. From there the São Raimundo quickly drew no more, no less than one of the greatest coaches of Brazil: Aderbal Lana, entered the "Typhoon" in the Brazilian Championship Series C, 1996. The results were bad at first, but the pair continued its relentless work, which bore fruit in the Amazonian tri-championship (1997/98/99), third in the last Copa CONMEBOL in 1999 and runner-up Brazil in the C series of the same years, culminating in access to Serie B. Achieved excellent results. The Sao Raimundo Esporte Clube stayed for several years in the series B of the Brazilian championship.